Finally! I didn't think I was ever going to get back into the groove with the rest of the world. It's really not good to start off the New Year behind - I mean I'm suppose to be going forward. Like everyone else I have been reminising about the year 2012 - did I accomplish my goals, did I improve myself, have I become a better person. Let's tackle to first question:
1. Did I accomplish my the goals I had set for myself in 2012? I am ashamed to say 'no' to that so I must carry over goals from the last year.
2. Did I improve myself? I did change some of my habits and I have stuck with those changes, along with learning new things. I believe that improving ones self is an on going thing and is probably a life goal.
3. And last of all, have I become a better person? Again this is an on-going life goal to care more about others than yourself.
With all that out of the way I did sit down and set new goals for 2013, but I won't bore you with the details. One thing I will share is that as I continue to blog my goal has always been to combine my shared love of food photography, cooking, and family. That is what I wish to create, a family of not just readers, but a family of friends. Families and food go together - it brings back memories like a family photo album or scrapbook. So, am I ready for 2013? For me 2013 is like when Jesus comes back - Are you ready? All I can answer is - You better be ready, cause 2013 is here.
I had many wonderful things happen in 2012 (there were some downs, but the good definitely out-weighed the down times). My oldest son and his family moved back to Georgia, so there has been more family time with them. I have traveled to San Diego, West Palm Beach, and Charleston, SC. We have had a wedding and 3 additions to our family - I have two new daughters and one new grandson (more people to love).
2. Philip and Becca's engagement and wedding.
3. My middle son, Matthew moved to West Palm Beach, where he is a chef for 'The Breakers'.
1. (top) Summertime fun - Cookout and Father's Day
2. My print won an award at the Blue Ridge Mountain National Art Show; last picture is my new daughter
3. Baby Shower; Halloween; Charleston Food Photography Workshop
2. Trip to San Diego visiting Philip and Becca
3. My new grandson Julian Carter Stephens
Happy New Year
God Bless You!