As I was having quiet time this morning I felt that today (hump day) would be a good day to Celebrate - and what would I celebrate - one thing would be that I made it to Wednesday - but really I have so much more to celebrate. And since I have an enormous list of things, rather than share them all I broke it down to my top 10, and of course, at the end there is a celebratory recipe for Strawberry Gelato.
Top 10 Reasons for Celebration:
- God is my Saviour
- My Wonderful Husband
- My 3 Wonderful & Amazing Sons
- My 3 Wonderful & Amazing Daughters (in-law)
- My Two Perfect & Handsome Grandsons - (yes, I'm prejudice)
- My Parents - I get to enjoy their company and spend precious time with them
- I am able to do the work I love
- I am able to do for others
- There is nothing I need
- I have wonderful friends
*Let me use disappointment as material for patience.*Let me use success as a material for thankfulness.*Let me use trouble as a material for perseverance.*Let me use danger as a material for courage.*Let me use reproach as a material for long suffering*Let me use praise as a material for humility*Let me use pleasure as a material for temperance*Let me use pain as a material for endurance.And now:Strawberry Gelato(this recipe is very simple: 3 ingredients)Ingredients:3 cups whole milk1 cup sugar3 cups fresh whole strawberries
- In a medium saucepan bring the milk to a boil. Add the sugar and cook on low, stirring well, until sugar dissolves. Remove and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Puree 3 cups strawberries, then mix with cream mixture and prepare in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
Oh, and one more thing - this recipe came from my "Tastes of Italia" magazine. This magazine is well worth the subscription. Great recipes, wine suggestion, and articles that will make you long to travel to Italy.At the end of the this day I pray: that you had a chance to celebrate this day: & that your heart is not and you are at peace.Thanks for Stopping Bye!