What do you do when you come back home after a week-long vacation? We just returned from Portland, Oregon. So . . .
In my world I:
- Unpack right away (For me this is a must. I am obsessive compulsive that way).
- Wash all the dirty clothes (another obsessive act)
- Download all vacation photos(More than 500 photos, Yes, this is a typical number when I visit new places. My philosophy is, ‘What if I never get back this way again’.)
*walk around the city (you can't enjoy it if you drive)
*try a food cart for lunch – my 2 favorites right now are the
Jook Joint (Asian Fusion – try the coconut corn fritters,
so great) and Squeeze Berries (the best fresh juice smoothies).
They are located beside each other on 10th Ave.
*Find a great coffee shop; experiment they are everywhere.
*Hike through Washington Park and end at the Rose Gardens
*Visit a winery or one or two or three
*Have dinner at the many microbreweries' or restaurants
in the city.
A Killer Burger perhaps?
*Visit Mt. Hood (it’s amazing)
I could go on, but I will move on to the day after (returning home).
Question: Doesn’t everyone pickle jalapeños after returning from vacation?
The day after is usually filled with taking care of the things that have been left undone for a week.
- Sorting through a pile of mail
- Watering plants
- Sprucing up the garden
- Picking veggies (banana peppers, jalapeños)
- Last on the list - what to do with 3 1-gallons zip-lock bags of jalapeños. Of course, make pickled jalapeños (nine jars to be exact).
So, Welcome home. Everything is washed, picked, pickled, and put away. Now I can relax.
Would love to hear from friends out there. How do you get back in the swing of things after being on vacation?
Thanks for Reading and Happy Autumn,